Seeking a 2019 MHA Show Intern
The Minnesota Holstein Association is accepting applications for a Show Intern position. This position will be an hourly role during the Minnesota State Holstein Show in Litchfield, Minn. from June 11th to 15th, 2019 as well as the Midwest Fall National Show at the Minnesota State Fair on August 28th. Applications are due by May 27th. Below are the details on the position.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Minnesota State Holstein Show:
- Assist MHA staff with check-in procedures including verifying ids, handing out backtags, and utilizing FairEntry to check in animals and update programs for show staff.
- Assist Business Manager with keeping track of entry fees and membership dues that are owed after additions or substitutions of entries
- Assist Marketing Manager with entering results into FairEntry and posting live results on Facebook during the Red and White, Junior and Open Show.
- Various other tasks as needed to assist MHA staff.
- Midwest Fall National Show
- Assist with recording results and handing out awards at Midwest Fall National Holstein Show.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Interest in Holsteins and experience with dairy or other livestock shows
- Excellent communication skills, organization and time-management skills
- Proficient with Facebook and creating Facebook posts
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with FairEntry or the skills needed to efficiently learn how to use FairEntry which is a web-based show registration program.
Dates and Hours of Appointment:
- Tuesday June 11th: 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday June 12th: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday June 13th: 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday June 14th: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday June 15th: 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- August 28th: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
*These times are tentative and may be adjusted and negotiated between the intern and supervisors.
Download an application here: PDF Application or Microsoft Word Application
Interested applicants should complete the application and email it to Minnesotaholstein@gmail.com.