Minnesota Holstein Association
May – September 2017 (Part Time Position – 15hrs per week)
In this internship you will be a representative of the Minnesota Holstein Association and assist the staff in promoting the association, the registered Holstein industry, the dairy industry and agriculture in its entirety. Duties will include assisting with the preparation and carrying out of the 2017 State Show, June and September Minnesota Holstein News publications, District Shows, and Midwest Fall National Show as well as updating the Minnesota Holstein Association Facebook and website.
For this internship you will be able to work from home or school most weeks. There will be some on the road travel to the summer events that include the State Show, District Shows and Midwest Fall National Show.
• Attend the 2017 Minnesota Holstein Show, District Shows and Midwest Fall National Show.
• Manage the MHA FB page and work on expanding association’s online presence as well as organize an email collection drive.
• Assist with the sale and preparation of advertisements for the June and September Minnesota Holstein
• Prepare articles for the publications – including writing, editing and assisting with graphic arts
• Assist MHA staff with the following programs and activities
o June and September Publication
o Minnesota State Show
o District Shows
o Midwest Fall National Show
o Miscellaneous clerical duties and projects as they arise
• Current enrollment in an under graduate program of an accredited college or university. .
• Course work in dairy and journalism will be given preference
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel and familiar with a design program
• Ability to take quality photos for the publication and online use
• Leadership ability
• Good judgment and sense of responsibility
Please send the following information to the MHA office via email or general mail by March 1st 2017.
• A writing sample (This may be a class assignment you had or a piece written for enjoyment)
• A photo taken by you (The subject can be cattle, people, scenery, etc.)