MHA Seeking a Part-Time Marketing Manager
We currently have an opening for our Part-Time Marketing Manager. Please see below for a detailed job description.
Application deadline is November 27th.
Please email resumes to email@example.com
All Inquires can be directed to Patti Schaefer 320.221.0381.
Download PDF Version
Minnesota Holstein Association Marketing Manager
Job Title: Marketing Manager Salary or Hourly: Salary
Type: Part Time Reports to: MHA Board of Directors
Category: Home office/Travel
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing all marketing, advertising, catalogs and promotional materials of the organization. In addition, they will be responsible for recruiting online and print ads from our membership and corporate entities.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate with the Board of Directors to keep them fully informed on all important items related to marketing.
- Work with WHA staff to submit Minnesota Holstein’s publication pieces for the MidWest Holstein News, by the determined print date set by WHA staff.
- Determine most cost-effective layout for each issue and communicate with printer to set printing schedule for MN Holstein news.
- Write articles and additional content for quarterly magazine as
- Identify sales prospects for each issue and solicit ads through various methods, including but not limited to email, phone sales, personal contact at events and farm Communicate with customers to coordinate info and photos for breeder ads. Format editorial pages, photos and commercial advertising in order to complete magazine layout for print.
- Notify all advertisers of the advertising deadline and editorial copy people of the editorial deadline for each issue.
- Prepare all material (editorial and advertisements) and submit to the printer in “camera ready”, setting it up to be as cost-effective as possible for the printer.
- Assist those advertisers requesting help preparing their
- Work with the committee chairmen in seeing that articles pertaining to their particular events are prepared either by the chairman or the
- Work with the Business Manager on all events and programs of the Junior and Adult Holstein Association to put together any marketing materials that are required.
- Serve as the official spokesperson for the Association to publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals to the membership and dairy
- Establish sound working relationships with vendors, sponsors, members and other associations with an external
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand for the Minnesota Holstein
- Travel around the state of Minnesota, some nights and weekends required, to assist the Business Manager with Association events and programs, annual member meetings and more.
- Assist in event planning of conventions, shows, meetings, all of which may involve travel and attendance at after-hours functions in order to assist the staff for set-up and tear down at
- Maintain office manuals, standard operating procedures, files and documents as well as archival documentation as it pertains to marketing information.
- Attend MHA events and help as Write follow-up articles for events when needed for publication in the News, on the website or social media.
- Works closely with the Business Manager and Membership Chairs in order to ensure seamless communication with our membership, partners and dairy
- Update FairEntry each year to accept State Show entries and export reports for designing the show catalog.
- Take pictures at MHA shows and events that can be utilized for the publication and social media.
- Work with sale chair to input all data and design layout of sale catalogs.
- Create, develop and manage editorial and design content for the Minnesota Holstein website mnholstein.com as needed as well as Facebook and Twitter.
- Write press releases and respond to media requests for images and
- Work with external vendors, sponsors and members as it pertains to print production for sales collateral, print ads, signage, online banners and
- Respond to MN Holstein members, board members and other affiliates via phone and email in a prompt manner.
- Strong knowledge and skills with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Excellent communication skills, organization and time-management
- Strong oral and written communications skills with experience interacting with members or customers
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time with strong prioritization
- Ability to work with a diverse group of
- Demonstrate process management skills with the ability to look for process
- Good analytical and decision-making
- Photography experience is preferred but not required.
- Flexibility to adapt to deadlines and is a self-starter once briefed on a
- Individual must be creative, detailed oriented, quality focused and work well in a team
- Knowledge and experience with the Fair Entry software and Microsoft Excel is preferred but not required.